Tuesday 12 March 2013

Jordans Crunchy Oat Granola Raisin & Almond

I never skip my breakfast, but most of the time it is just an enormous cup of Twinings Earl Grey with lemon and a couple of slices of toast. Which by around 10.30ish makes me quite peckish, and then I go for naughty biccies or a chocolate boost. Would eating a granola make me feel full for longer? I was happy to give a Jordans Crunchy Oat Granola Raisin & Almond a try.



I have recently written about Jordans Super Berry Country Crisp which has a lovely seasonal Christmasy twist to it with lots of cranberries.
How does Crunchy Oat Granola Raisin & Almond compare to it?
It obviously contains the similar honey baked British oats, which come in crunchy clusters. It has also the same superior quality of staying crunchy and not going soggy when the milk is added.
The flavours are different. You can definitely taste the almond. And there are lots of sweet raisins as well.
As mentioned before, my boys prefer to eat cereals without milk, just munching the crispy clusters as they are.
The bag comes in a packet rather than a box (well done on cutting on waste!). If you are worried about spilling the contents, just pop your bag in a reusable plastic container.
After having an early breakfast of Jordans granola, I did feel energised and ready to take on my day.




If adding milk to the granola is not your cuppa tea, why don't you make a berry compote granola fool? Just add three layers in a deep glass: the berry compote, Jordans granola and your favourite yogurt (I used the Greek style yogurt) for a more trendy breakfast (I planned to present it in a flat champagne glass, but I managed to break the last one a few days ago, so my "posh" breakfast is done with a wine glass).





If you've tried this granola, have you noticed the little bee logo on the side of the packet? It signifies Jordans are "using the cereals that are grown to Conservation Grade standards which means they come from British farmers who manage 10% of their land so that birds, bees and butterflies can thrive".
It is commendable that Jordans' customers are doing their bit to help keep the British countryside flourishing.

To find out more about Jordans and explore their extensive range of products visit Jordans website.

I received a packet of granola for the purposes of reviewing. All opinions are mine.

1 comment: