Tuesday 10 November 2015

Christmas Selection Gift Hamper from Bluebird Tea Co



I will never cease being amazed at how super organised some of my friends are. They've already got all their Christmas gifts bought in the after-Christmas sale, and everything has been wrapped and ready back in summer. If you're not in the same category (me neither), you might be only now starting to think about buying gifts for your family and friends, perusing magazines or searching online for that perfect present. If your future gift recipient is as crazy about tea as I am, then have a good browsing through the range of Christmas gifts at Bluebird Tea co.
They have recently surprised me with a wonderful present of Christmas Selection Gift Hamper.


Honestly, I squeaked with delight. I love tea and I love mugs, as our kitchen can attest. New teas and seasonal mugs are a huge magnet for me. I had to slap my wrists today, doing grocery shopping, as there were a few very cute Christmas mugs that nearly made it into my shopping basket.

I must have been a good girl, because Santa knew exactly what I am partial to.
This super tea hamper is beautifully presented in a wicker basket. It looks festive, wrapped with a green ribbon and a gift tag.
What does it contain?
Christmas Tea Bauble in Christmas Cake
Snowball 50g Carton (Coconut, chocolate and mini marshmallows)
Gingerbread Chai 15 Parcel Carton
Mulled Wine Tea Cocktail Bottle
In-cup infuser basket
Christmas Bluebird tea mug with a limited edition design
Bluebird Tote bag - a natural cotton tote bag with limited edition design

Last year Christmas Cake Tea Bauble was sold out in one day, and I can easily see why. I love the festive presentation of this seasonal brew. It looks very pretty and will make a super Christmas stocking filler. You can see cute teeny weeny snowflakes inside the tea bags.


Its ingredients include Ceylon black tea, vanilla pieces, almond pieces, cinnamon, cloves, orange peel, spruce needles, snowflake sprinkles and stevia. It is mildly sweet and very aromatic. It truly embodies the smells and tastes of Christmas. Warming, spicy and indulgent, it's a perfect brew for a cold weather.


Gingerbread Chai is the definitive Christmas brew. Bursting with flavours, it is a blend of rooibos, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger and mallow flowers.



It is delicious as it is, but add a little bit of honey and hot milk for a really indulgent drink. If you have a milk frother, treat yourself to a chai latte. (Apologies for the Halloween-themed mug, I took this photo over a week ago. Cannot find any good light these few days to retake the photo, it is so grey and dark outside for the natural light, and indoors it's totally dark for any decent photos).



Snowball loose leaf tea is another festive treat from Bluebird Tea Co. This blend includes black Ceylon tea, chocolate chips, coconut flakes and a sprinkle of mini marshmallows. There are also dried petals of red cornflowers which add a very nice touch to the overall appearance of this blend. Absolutely lush!


When you brew it, everyone seems to be drawn to the kitchen, as it smells so nice. The marshmallows melt and the tea looks slightly matte.


Now we move from the tea blends to a mulled wine tea cocktail. Who doesn't enjoy a mug of hot, strong mulled wine at this time of the year? The bottle contains a mix of hibiscus, rosehip, apple pieces, lemon pieces, orange peel, orange flowers, cloves and cinnamon.



Top it up with red wine, leave for a couple of days or more to infuse, then simmer on the stove for 10 minutes, strain and enjoy.



I have also added some freshly squeezed orange juice when I was heating the wine (and I didn't strain it either as the floating spices add to the rustic charm).


So, if you know someone who loves tea, be assured they'll love this hamper.



You can buy all these goodies separately, of course.

Disclosure: I received the hamper for the purposes of testing and reviewing. All opinions are mine.




No comments:

Post a Comment