Friday 27 November 2015

Divine Chocolate Advent Calendars



"Mummy, is it December yet?", asks my younger son every morning. And every morning I tell him that he needs to wait a little bit more. He cannot wait to start opening his advent calendars. This year I've even treated myself to a grown-up beauty advent calendar. And of course, we'll be opening chocolate advent calendars. They have been in the shops for over a month, and the choice is vast. If you still haven't made up your mind which chocolate advent calendar to choose, may I gently push you in the direction of Divine Chocolate Advent Calendars?!




I've been a big fan of Divine chocolate for several years. Not only they have an impressive range of delicious chocolate, their ethical credentials are very inspiring too.
As you know, Divine Chocolate is the farmer-owned chocolate company. Its chocolate is made with the finest quality Fairtrade cocoa beans from Kuapa Kokoo, a co-op of smallholder farmers in Ghana. These are people who take great pride in the company they co-own.
I always enjoy reading the newsletter from Divine, with the most inspiring stories. And if I spend a tad too much on Divine chocolate, I can always say that I'm supporting the cocoa growers, so it's for a good cause.

RSPB's Milk Chocolate Advent Calendar has been created as a result of partnership between Divine Company and the RSPB. This delightful advent calendar presents a scene of a snowy woodland. Open the little doors and discover the cute wildlife characters behind each door.


Eddie and I were sampling two different Divine calendars and sharing with the family and friends. We all enjoy good chocolate, and this calendar was a big hit with everyone. We loved the little chocolate birds and animals. The milk chocolate is creamy, smooth and melt-in-the-mouth.
The woodland scene is so sweet, and reminded me of the animal tales I used to enjoy as a child.
A lovely gift for both wildlife and chocolate lovers alike indeed.




There is another Milk Chocolate Advent Calendar from Divine, which ticks all the boxes. It is festive and brings a Christian message by retelling the Nativity story. Every door you open, tells you a line of the well-known story.



This calendar has been illustrated by Stephen Waterhouse. It depicts not a Biblical scene but a modern school Nativity performance, with the children playing the parts and parents clapping hands in delight. Just look at the adorable donkey and camel, says a Mum of a child whose claim to fame was to be a cow in the Nursery Nativity performance, and this year he's a Diamond (a part without words, as you can imagine).


All chocolate hearts are made of creamy smooth milk chocolate. And I loved that this advent retold the Nativity. You can say, it's not just a tasty gift, but also educational.
Go on, treat your kids or yourself!


Disclosure: I received two chocolate advent calendars for the purposes of testing and reviewing. All opinions are my family's and mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment