Wednesday 4 November 2015

InstaNatural Dead Sea Mud Mask



As you know well, I am not a beauty blogger. Though you won't see me running out of the house without a lipstick on, that's probably the only "beautifying" thing that I do daily. My mornings are so hectic and stressed, that it's a miracle I have a spare minute to comb my hair and pin it up. I don't have time or desire to spend hours on make-up, even when we go out. Saying that, I do enjoy good cosmetics, especially creams and lotions. Facial masks are not something I buy often though. In summer, I sometimes just mash fresh berries or soft fruit like apricots with a bit of yogurt and oats and slap on my face for a refreshing mask.
But I am curious by nature, and when asked if I wanted to test a mud mask, who am I say No?! Of course, I volunteered to try it, especially that I have tested a couple of serums from InstaNatural range, and really liked them.
The InstaNatural Dead Sea mud mask is 100% natural mud mask. It comes in a big tub (500g), and promises the highest quality Dead Sea Mud Mask around. It also comes with a manufacturer guarantee, which is reassuring.
I don't often buy facial masks, as I tend to do my own with fresh berries or fruit, but I was curious to try this mask, as I have read about the healing properties of the Dead Sea mud. It is supposed to help restore the skin radiance and improve the tone. At my age (over 40) I need all the possible help with my skin tone, so I was keen to try this product.
How easily does it apply? you don't need much, the mud is silky smooth and you can easily spread it with fingertips over the face, avoiding the eyes' area as well as nose and mouth. It spreads thinly and dries fast.
The mud itself has no smell, it is dark grey in colour, and looks just like mud should look like.
Let it dry for 10-15 minutes before rinsing it off with the warm water.
As the mud was drying, I could feel it tightening my skin.
Results? The skin tone did look even and my skin felt very smooth and soft, but my skin did feel quite tight and I had to use a moisturising cream afterwards.
It is probably better for an oily skin rather than a combination one, like mine.
As it is recommended to be used only once a week, so far I have tried it twice, and both times needed cream afterwards.
I have also applied it on the body before taking the shower, and again, my skin felt smooth and soft after the application.
I like the fact that it is a 100% natural product made with such ingredients as Dead Sea mud, shea butter, sunflower oil, aloe vera juice, jojoba oil, hickory bark extract and organic calendula oil.
The product testimonials mention the age-defying benefits (reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines). Can't say that I noticed any difference regarding my wrinkles and fine lines.
And if you expected to see my mud-plastered face, sorry to disappoint you. I tried to take a selfie, but looking all pouty is not my forte.
Have you tried this mud mask? What did you think of it?


Disclosure: I received the mud mask for the purposes of testing and reviewing. All opinions are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment