Monday 7 March 2016

Degustabox: February Box

My family enjoys our monthly Degustabox delivery, which is full of tasty surprises. This monthly food and drink subscription box is a good way to discover products which have only just appeared in the shops or those which might have been around for while, but you haven't had a chance to try them yet.
Each time the box arrives, it's a bit like unwrapping Christmas gifts, as you don't know what you might find there. You get a good selection of foods and drinks.
If you haven't tried Degustabox subscription box yet and would like to have a go, I have a whopping £6 off discount from your first box (and you can unsubscribe any time) - just use a code BLDEG15 when you place an order.
What did we receive in February box? Let's have a peek:

Degustabox: February box


We've scoffed Divine Caramel bars first (not surprising in the family of chocoholics). I tried the dark chocolate bar, while my older son gobbled up the milk bar. Thumbs up from both of us. We're big fans of Divine chocolate as a brand, with their excellent Fairtrade credentials and the tastiest chocolate. I haven't had a chance even to lick a milk chocolate bar, but the dark one was a winner, very moreish.

Divine Caramel bars


Our Eddie loves Hartley's jellies. He was very happy to discover two different jellies (4 mini tubs) in the latest food box, and gobbled them up quickly (one a day). He enjoyed both and particularly commended peaches in strawberry jelly. In fact he liked new Hartley's Fruit in Jelly pots so much that I have already bought more for him (I could only find them in Sainsbury's locally). Hartley's Fruit in Jelly Peach in Strawberry Jelly is a combination of diced peach in jelly.

Hartley's Fruit in Jelly pots

Hartley's 10 cal Cranberry & Raspberry flavour jelly will make a lovely dessert for anyone who counts the calories. It is made with sweeteners and contains no artificial colours or flavours. It is a light dessert which you don't have to be feeling guilty about at all.

Hartley's 10 cal Cranberry & Raspberry flavour jelly

Beloved Dates Bars were another super discovery. I have seen them before in the shops but haven't had a chance to try. I was going on a trip to the woods with my younger son and took these two bars with me as a snack. Eddie and I shared them, and he loved them so much, that since then I have already bought two packs of 4, and it looks like we need more. Beloved bars are 100% natural, without added sugar cereal bars made with natural date nectar.
And for me that's the beauty of Degustabox: you try products which you might have not tried otherwise.

Beloved Dates Bars

We're very fond of Mr Kipling's bakes here. You can find Mr Kipling's Angel Slices in our house at any given time, as both of my boys love them. They are conveniently sealed as individual portions, and I often put them in lunch boxes for dessert. I was thrilled to see new Mr Kipling's healthy bakes - Cranberry, Orange and Oat slices.
New Exceedingly Good Slices are made with honey coated toasted oat flakes, diced cranberries and orange marmalade, they are not too sweet, which is a bonus. Each slice has 132kcal.
A delightful addition to an extensive range of Mr Kipling's cakes and bakes. I haven't been able to find them anywhere locally yet, and hoping they will be available very soon.

Mr Kipling's healthy bakes - Cranberry, Orange and Oat slices

Nothing But range of snacks is Db's Discovery of the month. We have already tried them in the past and liked them. My kids prefer the freeze dried fruit to vegetables. These snacks have a natural sweetness of fruit and vegetables, all are under 80 calories and what's more, one packet counts towards 1 of your 5 a day. I liked the dried beetroot snacks, though parsnip chips are a tad plain, they don't have much of a taste.
Apple & fig were delicious and disappeared very fast.


Nothing But snacks - Apple & fig and Sliced Beetroot & Parsnip

Nutribix is a wholegrain cereal which promises to be "the crunchiest, tastiest and most delicious breakfast around". Made with coconut, honey and Sorghum grain it sounds like a jazzed up Weetabix. We haven't tried it yet (We're a bit set in our ways of what we like for breakfast, and all have our favourites).

Nutribix

Ritz Crisp & Thin are a new rage of oven-baked potato snacks. Putting on the Ritz couldn't be easier. Sea salt & black pepper crunchy snacks will surely be appreciated by my guys/

Ritz Crisp & Thin
And there were more savoury snacks - hand-cooked crisps from The London Crisp Company. I like the design of the packaging, but we haven't tried the crisps yet (at the moment we're going through bags of a different brand of crisps to try to win tickets to World Cup, well, one can dream).

The London Crisp Co


Now, the drinks' turn: J2O's blend masters have created a J2O Spritz range. This is a lovely non-alcoholic alternative to a glass of bubbly. We have tried two flavours from the range, both were light and refreshing.
At 63kcal per bottle, they make a great accompaniment to meals.

J2O Spritz Pear & Raspberry (22kcal per 100ml) was the sweeter of the two flavours we got.

J2O Spritz Pear & Raspberry

J2O Spritz Apple & Watermelon is a light carbonated drink with fruit juice (23kcal per 100ml).

J2O Spritz Apple & Watermelon

VitHit is a juice based soft drink with 100% recommended daily allowance of 8 different vitamins, no added sugar and with less than 35 kcal per bottle. The range contains real juice and no nasties.
It's a lovely refreshing drink. I don't usually buy vitamin drinks, as I think I have a well-balanced diet, so hopefully get all my vitamins already.

VitHit

Sarson's Malt Vinegar was a bit of a culinary challenge for me. I always buy balsamic and apple cider vinegar, or flavoured vinegars. Malt vinegar is not on my grocery shopping list. We don't often eat chips at home, and when we do, it's with the other condiments. What could I do with it? The answer is make a chutney.


Disclosure: I received the latest Degustabox for the purposes of testing and reviewing. All opinions are mine.

2 comments:

  1. A lovely selection of products. I use vinegar in BBQ sauces a lot but chutney is a great idea as twell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison, I do use the other types of vinegar on a daily basis, it's the malt vinegar that I find a bit challenging. :)

      Delete